@Betfair / Dan Abraham

Racehorses named SuperTrump & BidenHisTime will go head-to-head in a real life two-horse race, staged by Betfair, to predict the outcome of the 2020 US election.

The five-furlong Betfair Race To The White House Stakes will be aired on Betfair social media at 1pm on Tuesday November 3.  

Whilst the world waits to see if Donald Trump or Joe Biden will be declared winner of the 2020 Election on Polling Day, one equine candidate will be revealed as the champion in Betfair’s first past the post contest from Lingfield Park, Surrey on Tuesday. 

Grey horse BidenHisTime takes on chestnut and blonde-maned SuperTrump in a five-furlong dash to the finish line, after an extended training period. 

Off the track, having been neck and neck in the betting for some time Joe Biden (1/2 – 66% implied probability) is now pulling several lengths clear of rival Donald Trump (8/15 – 34% implied probability) as the runners enter the home straight. 

@Betfair / Dan Abraham

And the political race has captured the imagination of the public in record scale – with over £400m forecast to be bet on the next President on Betfair Exchange, setting a new record to become the biggest single betting market of all time – equivalent to the betting on 40 Grand Nationals.

Betfair spokesperson Sam Rosbottom said: “History will be made on Tuesday as a winner is declared in the Betfair Race to the White House Stakes. 

“Thoroughbred horses BidenHisTime and SuperTrump will clash in our real two horse election race. We’ll find out who will be crowned champion and who’ll be left with a long face.

“The grey has run well in supporting contests over the years and should have the beating of his blonde-maned rival – if he can run a straight course and avoid veering too far to the left. However, SuperTrump has upset the odds in this contest before and has course and distance form, pipping a heavily tipped rival to the post last time out.